Monday, November 08, 2010

Recipe #51: Chicken Groundnut Soup (nkate nkwan)

http://africandiasporatourism.com/images/stories/Frans_Groundnut_Soup.pngRoasted pureed peanuts (groundnuts) are frequently used to thicken soups or stews in Sub-Saharan African cooking, and are particularly famous in West African cuisine. For those of you who have asked me to post a recipe for this perennial favorite, I direct you to an article I wrote for Africa Diasporan Tourism.

Tomorrow I'll post a recipe for omo tuo (rice balls) a wonderful starch to accompany this dish, though it also goes well with a simple slice of boiled African yam or bread.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually made this for my class as I was telling them about my Ghanaian food project. It was a big hit!

Unknown said...

As always your recipe came out perfct! Keep up the wonderful work Ms. Fran!

Grace,